Photo Courtesy of Frost Me
Looking for the perfect center pieces for your home this season?
These adorable small trees make good use of all those wine corks you will certainly be collecting during the holidays! Or, if you don't drink wine, get the word out to friends and family and ask them to save them for you or make your way to the neierst winery to pick up a few. This is a fun and easy craft that everyone will enjoy!
To make these trees you will need:
- 18 – 24 corks (depending on how big you would like your tree to be)
- Glue gun and glue
- A 2" piece of a 2" diameter stick (from your yard) or a cut wooden dowel.
- Acrylic or water based paints
- Bits and pieces to decorate your tree
- Start with four corks and glue them together to make the base of the tree.
- Add five corks to the next level, letting them hang over on each side slightly.
- Continue adding four, then three, then two, then one cork to each layer (start with three corks on the bottom for a smaller tree).
- Randomly paint the ends as desired.
- Decorate with ribbon, fabric, buttons or any notions you may have.
- Attach the tree to the 2" base.