Monday, November 21, 2011

Motivated Monday Recipe


                                                      Photo Courtesy of Taste of Home

  Good morning everyone! As I take the first sip of my non fat pumpkin pie latte this morning, I start to become motivated about the short holiday work week ahead. With Thanksgiving being just a few days away, it is time to start thinking about that new savory addition to add to your traditional family feast. As I had mentioned in my previous blog, I strongly feel that the classics are not to be messed with so I decided to explore my options for a unique mouth watering appetizer. To me, with age comes with the expectation of being able to bring to the table a delectable treat that far surpasses the average cheese plate.
  These spinach & cheese cornbread bites are not only a great way to add a little bit of home style country to the holiday, but also have great potential to become a new yummy fall favorite with the family.


Spinach & Cheese Cornbread Bites

(Diabetic friendly)

* 48 servings
* Prep: 25 min. Bake 15 min./batch

Ingredients

  • 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion

No comments:

Post a Comment